SIGSPATIAL 2022 Talk Recording and Uploading Instructions
ACM SIGSPATIAL 2022 will be held as an in-person event. However, the conference will support an asynchronous option for individuals to view pre-recorded videos of the paper presentations. For presenters, the deadline for uploading a recorded video is October 27, 2022 11:59pm (Anywhere on Earth).
To prepare the conference, we are asking paper authors to prepare and record their talks ahead of time, and have videos uploaded ahead of the conference. During the conference registration, authors will have an option to opt-in to releasing their videos to the public during the conference. To ensure that we have enough time to set up the conference, we need your videos by October 27, 2022 11:59pm (Anywhere on Earth). This is a hard deadline.
To ensure your presentation is able to be played and of high quality, please make sure that you prepare a video that is in mp4 format.
The following is a list of video durations for different types of talks:
- Research, industrial or systems papers: up to 12 minutes
- Vision papers and GIS Cup: up to 8 minutes
- Demo papers: up to 6 minutes
- Poster papers: up to 4 minutes
Failure to adhere to the length and formatting requirements may lead to your video not being shown. A video that is 15 seconds longer than the time limit will not be shown.
We strongly recommend you use the Zoom application (the desktop client version) to record your talk. A tutorial on how to record your talk with Zoom can be found here.
That said, you are welcome to use other professional screen recording software (e.g., Camtasia, VidGrid) if you have access. Please make sure you include a picture-in-picture window so that the presenter is always visible in the video.
Please consider the following for creating high quality recordings:
- To improve audio quality, please:
- Consider using earphones and a microphone if the built-in microphone of your computer has limited quality.
- Consider recording in an isolated room without background noise.
- Test your recording to ensure your audio quality is of high quality.
- To ensure video quality:
- Please use either full HD (1080p) or 720p resolution.
- Make sure your presentation app (e.g., PowerPoint) runs in a full-screen mode.
- Use Zoom virtual background if you do not want to show your room.
- Please have the speaker shown in a picture-in-picture window so viewers can see the speaker.
Once you have your video ready, please follow the instructions below to upload the video.
Deadline: October 27, 2022 11:59pm (Anywhere on Earth)
STEP 1: During the registration for the conference, you have the option to opt-in to releasing your video presentation to the public.
STEP 2: Name your file according to the following scheme.
- Research, systems, or industrial experience papers: please name your video filename using your paper ID. e.g., 111.mp4.
- Poster papers: please name your video filename with “poser” as the prefix, followed by your paper ID, e.g., poster55.mp4.
- Demo papers: please name your video filename with “demo” as the prefix, followed by your paper ID, e.g., demo23.mp4.
STEP 3: Upload your file to Dropbox. You will need to upload your video recordings following the URL below:
DropBox URL: https://www.dropbox.com/request/MrfomHbEidjaZ912pSH6
If you can not access DropBox, please go to WeTransfer.com ( a free account allows you to send a file up to 2GB ), and send the file to the proceedings co-chairs.
If you have any questions on video recording and uploading, please contact the proceedings co-chairs: